I have always said that the hardest books to review are the ones we love the most, and I'm not doing Siege and Storm justice at all. Leigh Bardugo has crafted a novel that I will cherish among my favourites. Siege and Storm managed to blow me away. I just ate up all the chaos and wonder that is Ravka.
1. The World-Building - I love the world that Leigh Bardugo has created. It has a really fast pace and a unique Russian inspired story, which is so different from other fantasy books I have read. It's haunting and cold and the images are very vivid.
2. Sturmhond - Yes. Sturmhond our newest recruit, really stole the show (and my heart). Arrogant, handsome, capable, charming, and commanding. He has the best dialogue EVER. His witty comments had me smiling throughout the book!
3. Alina is such a strong character. She’s come so far from the mousy orphan we met at the beginning of Shadow & Bone. Alina is really the driving force behind this entire book, and so, SO human.
4. THE DARKLING - The sexy beast is still sexy. He's darker and more dangerous than ever and I can't help but be drawn to him.
5. The Writing - I feel the magic of Leigh Bardugo’s words, the power of the world she created.Her rich, lush descriptions are beyond compare, and her characters are equally magical. Bringing raw forth emotion upon its reader. It wasn't hard for me to fall back into Ravka without a second though.